Or should I say, short end of the stick?
I landed in the hospital Wednesday night thanks to a fluid leak. :/ I was hoping for an overnight monitoring, but the short list says otherwise. Here’s how it was just explained to me:
We like the baby’s tests but mom has too many factors for us to feel good about sending you home:
1) protein levels indicate early preeclampsia
2) blood pressure fluctuates too much
3) unexplained fluid leak, haven’t ruled out a possible rupture of amniotic sac
4) gestational diabetes
5) never been pregnant before
and my personal favorite:
6) “Oh, and I almost forgot, you’re over 42!”
Yeah, thanks for the reminder. 😉
So, looks like I’ll be making a weekend out if it for sure and then “we’ll see”. On the upside, baby is doing great and it sounds like they won’t go past 37 weeks anyway. That’s only a week and a half away.
So Blake gets to celebrate his birthday today at the hospital with me. Happy birthday hon!
I have to say I’m grateful to have such good doctors watching me so close. I know I’m in good hands, where I need to be and all will be well. Just gotta hang in there for a few more days! Sure can’t wait to hold this little bundle, who just may be a little Jaimee! We finally found at least one name we all like.
So Little One,
Everyone is so excited about you and can’t wait for you to arrive! Even the nurses are fighting about who hopes to be here when you make your entrance! You are so loved.
Keep being strong and helping mom be strong. Doctors said today they probably won’t let this go past 37 weeks, if we can get that far. So another week and a half!! We can do this! Stay safe, stay healthy and know you’ve already impacted more lives in positive ways than you’ll ever know. I love you so much.